The global leader in data security, Veritas Technologies, has introduced new innovations to its Enterprise Data Services Platform (EDSP) to help customers reduce risk, optimize cost, strengthen ransomware resiliency, and manage multi-cloud environments at scale.
Christened as NetBackup 8.3, Veritas further empowers enterprise customers by improving the resiliency of their applications and infrastructure regardless of the context. By extending the core of EDSP— NetBackup—to include the Veritas Resiliency Platform (VRP) and CloudPoint, Veritas delivers a single platform with enterprise resiliency features and functionality to protect and recover data wherever it resides.
“Scale, flexibility, and simplicity are continuing to drive up cloud adoption. While the benefits of these multi-cloud strategies are well established, they also bring data protection challenges as multiple point products can increase risk and operational complexity. Businesses can simplify the backup and recovery challenge by standardizing on a single platform.”, said Christophe Bertrand, senior analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG).
NetBackup software’s latest innovations bring many new benefits to enterprise customers, including:
- Expanded ransomware protection and hardened NetBackup appliances and vendor agnostic immutability for storage utilizing NetBackup OpenStorage Technology.
- The seamless, secure infrastructure supporting 2048-it encryption and integration with third-party key management systems giving customers choice.
- Role-Based access control enhancements that provide greater flexibility and simplify role management.
- Orchestrated rehearsals with zero production impact to verify the efficiency and effectiveness of recovery procedures.
- Robust cloud-native protection for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud with full Veritas CloudPoint integration.
- Seamless workload and data portability in hybrid and multi-cloud, with both to-the-cloud and between-cloud storage tiers.
- Elimination of siloed management tools with the expansion of EDSP to now include cloud protection, workload migration, and disaster recovery across on-premises, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
- 50x faster discovery for VMware vCenter and vCloud, reducing discovery time from hours to minutes for large environments.
- 25% faster dynamic NAS data protection via auto-discovery of resources and load balancing with the ability to restore data anywhere on any NetBackup target, removing vendor lock-in.
“Veritas is continuing to innovate on its Enterprise Data Services Platform with the launch of the latest version of NetBackup. We’re extending enterprise-grade data protection and the most robust set of recovery options to every corner of our customers’ IT environments—from on-premises physical to virtual, to the cloud, and even to containers,” said Deepak Mohan, executive vice president, Products Organization at Veritas.
Veritas was recently named a Leader, for the 15th time, in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions. Veritas believes Gartner’s recognition validates its ongoing commitment to innovation across all of our customer environments.