Sony has today announced a new range of best in industry TVs, which once again deliver the highest quality picture that Sony has become synonymous with. For the first time, these televisions will support Google’s latest Android TV operating system, making it easy to stream video, function as a gaming device and provide enhanced features like Google Cast™ and Voice Search.
Satoru Arai, Head, Sony Middle East Marketing Company commented: “As the industry leader in 4K picture quality, Sony’s commitment to developing technologies that enhance the viewing experience is showcased with this line-up. Adoption of the Android operating system from Google provides customers with a seamless integrated experience with their mobile devices ensuring that consumers can now enjoy everything they are used to on their smartphones or tablets, from their television for a smarter viewing experience. This is the future of television. 4K is today driving the television business globally. According to GfK data 4K TV sales are expected to double year on year from 7.9 million units in 2014 to 15.5 million in 2015*. In the Middle East, this growth is even more evident with sales expected to grow by 334% from 2014 to 2015*. If we look at growth in global sales of 4K TV with Android, we are expecting to see sales increase by 52% from 2014 to 2015*. Again, this is reflected in the Middle East where we see sales units increase from 1,100 in 2014 to 13,500 in 2015. Given this demand for 4K, plus the desire for this to be paired with the familiarity of Google’s popular operating system, we have produced an entire range to satisfy consumer needs.”
The new Android TVTM range from Sony includes:
- X9400C Series 4K LCD TV – The X-tended Dynamic Range™ Pro (75” model) and X-tended Dynamic Range™ (65” model) are enhanced by the new 4K Processor engine to produce our best contrast ever – capturing every shade of light.
- X9000C Series 4K LCD TV – the thinnest LCD TV yet from Sony, at approximately 4.9mm (at its thinnest part); the revolutionary floating style is virtually frameless and mounts flush to your wall.
- X8500C and X8300C Series 4K LCD TV – features new 4K Processor X1 to improve clarity, colour accuracy and contrast of HD and 4K video.
- W800C series – X-Reality™ PRO reduces noise and presents stunning picture details by cutting various types of noise in Analog/Digital TV signals, DVD and Blu-ray Disc, and even digital still photos.
The X9000C Series 4K Android LCD TV come in 55” and 65” Class models making them the thinnest LCD TV yet from Sony, at approximately 4.9mm (at its thinnest part); the revolutionary floating style is virtually frameless and mounts flush to your wall it also features new 4K Processor X1 to improve clarity, colour accuracy and contrast of HD and 4K video.
The 4K X-Reality™ PRO is designed to bring stunning details with Sony’s unique algorithm of reality creation database for whatever they are watching, such as TV broadcast, DVD, Blu-ray disc, internet videos and digital still photos. Brilliant, expanded colour further enhances the experience with the TRILUMINOS™ Display.
The X9400C 75” Class model 4K LCD TV features new 4K Processor X1 to improve clarity, color accuracy and contrast of HD and 4K video providing users with the highest quality picture. 4K X-Reality™ PRO brings stunning detail with Sony’s unique algorithm of reality creation database for whatever they are watching such as TV broadcast, DVD, Blu-ray disc, internet videos and digital still photos. Brilliant, expanded colour with TRILUMINOS™ Display is further enhanced for colour accuracy by the new engine.The X-tended Dynamic Range™ Pro (75” model) and X-tended Dynamic Range™ (65” model) are enhanced by the new 4K Processor engine to produce our best contrast ever – capturing every shade of light.
- Google Cast™ Ready: Sony has Google Cast™ built-in so customers can easily cast their favourite contents from their smartphone, tablet (Android, iOS) and laptop PC (Windows) directly on to the screen of their large Sony TV. During casting, customers can operate other actions such as check SNS, web, and more, with their mobile products.
- Voice Search: Voice function on Android TV allows customers to not only search for contents across different services but also answer general questions using the most sophisticated search engine from Google. Thus, customers can command their TV so they can spend less time browsing, and more time watching.
- By using the same familiar Google ID, customers can discover games, movies, TV shows and more from Google Play™. They can also casually enjoy many familiar apps on their smartphone, and have seamless content playback between devices.
- One-Flick Entertainment allows customers to access content quickly and intuitively without any disturbance while watching TV. We added “DISCOVER” key on the remote to simplify the trigger of the function. In addition, to enhance and shorten content direct access, entrance of each content source is placed on the left end of the content bar. Finally we consolidated menus for viewing content into “ACTION MENU” to simplify the structure coupled with dedicated remote key.
The BRAVIA™ 4K and Full HD Line-up from Sony will be available at select outlets across the Middle East countries from September 2015 onwards.