The Zoom video conferencing app is compatible and ready for use on all major platforms today, but by far, the most popular platform for using the Zoom app, is the laptop. Be lit Windows or Mac, Zoom is now finding its way onto laptops all over the world, specially now, when work from home is the way to go under lockdown conditions.
In this tutorial, we will take a look at how you can get started with the Zoom video conferencing app on the laptop. Lets get started –
- The first step in this tutorial is to sign up on Zoom. Head over to this link and sign up with the email id of your choice. Once you sign up, you can now download the zoom video conferencing app on your laptop.
- Install the Zoom video conferencing app on your laptop and open it.
- Sign in to the app with the registered email id.
- You will now see a dashboard with all the necessary features presented as individual buttons. Now you have to decide what you want to do.
Let’s take a lookout what you can do within the Zoom video conferencing app –
New Meeting –
- This option lets you start a new video conference instantly.
- Click on the small drop-down button near the new meeting option, and here, you can choose whether you want to start the video conference with the video on/off.
- Once you choose the option you like, click on the New Meeting button and the video conference will begin.
- You will now see a window with the video stream from your webcam, or a grey screen in case you chose to start the meeting with the video off.
- On the bottom of the screen, you will see a bar with all the relevant controls, which lets you make the most of your video conference.
Join Meeting –
- Next, we have the Join button. This feature allows you to join a meeting that is already underway.
- Click on the Join button. You will now see another pop-up window.
- In this window, enter the Meeting ID or Personal Link name and then click on the Join button.
- You will now be patched through to the meeting.
Schedule Meeting –
- The third option we have on the dashboard is the Schedule option. This allows you to schedule a video conference for a date and time of your choice.
- Click on the Schedule button. You will now see a Schedule Window.
- In the Window, enter all relevant details of the meeting, like the Meeting name, the date, and the time duration.
- You can also choose the appropriate calendar format (iCal, Google Calendar, Others).
- Click on the Schedule button and your meeting will. now be scheduled and synced to your calendar.
- Now, on the Dashboard, you will see the scheduled meeting next to the options.
- Click on the three-dot button next to the meeting name to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Click on the Copy Invite option. The conference details will now be copied into the clipboard.
- You can now paste the conference invite into a message or a chat and send it across to your colleagues.
Share Screen –
- Finally, we have the Share screen option. This allows you to share your desktop screen in real-time, within a zoom room that has been set up.
- Click on the drop-down arrow near the Share screen option and there, you can choose whether you want to share computer sounds along with the screen.
- Once selected, you can click on the Share screen button. This will bring up a pop-up window.
- Enter the Sharing key or Meeting ID into the bar, and then click on the Share Screen button.
- Your laptop screen will now be shared within the meeting.
So, this is how you can easily get started with the Zoom Video Conferencing App on your Laptop.