One of the apps that has been making waves in this season of lockdown, is the Zoom video conferencing app. This app has been giving competitors a run for their money, and has also made its way into many mainstream companies around the world.
For those of you who are hearing this name for the first time, the Zoom video conferencing app is a cloud based video conferencing app that allows individuals and companies of all sizes, connect with friends or colleagues around the world in order to reconnect, share ideas, collaborate or get serious day to day work done
The best part about the Zoom video conferencing app is that it is supported on all major OS platforms in the market today (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and even Linux).
In this tutorial, we will take a look at how the Zoom Video Conferencing app works. Let’s get started –
Signing Up and Installation –
- The first step to the process is to sign up on the Zoom website. You can head over to this link and sign up using the email id you will be using with the Zoom Video Conferencing app.
- Next, download the Zoom app, and then sign in to the app.
- You will now see the dashboard with all the necessary options presented as individual buttons.
Start a meeting –
- Click on the drop-down button next to the New Meeting button.
- Choose whether you want to start the meeting with the video on/off.
- Click on the New Meeting button to start the video conference.
- You will now see the main window with the video stream, and a bar on the bottom with all essential controls.
- Click on the participant’s button to open the list of active participants in the conference.
- Click on the invite button on the bottom to reveal a pop-up window.
- You can now invite people to the video conference via their email ID or Zoom ID.
- Make sure the people you invite have the Zoom video conferencing app installed on their devices.
Join a meeting –
- You can also easily join an existing video conference.
- Click on the Join button on the Zoom Video Conferencing app dashboard.
- In the Pop-Up window, enter the Meeting ID or Personal Link name.
- Click on the Join button to get patched into the conference.
Schedule a Conference –
- Click on the Schedule button on the Zoom Video Conferencing app dashboard.
- In the Pop-Up window, enter the relevant Conference details like the meeting name, date and duration.
- Click on the Schedule button and your conference will now be scheduled.
- On your dashboard, click on the three-dot button next to the scheduled conference.
- Click on the copy invite option.
- The Conference invite is now copied onto the clipboard.
- You can now paste this invite into a message or an email and send it across to your friends or colleagues.
Screen Sharing –
- Click on the Share Screen button on the Zoom Video Conferencing App dashboard.
- In the pop-up window, enter the Sharing Key or Meeting ID.
- Click on the Share Screen button in the window to start sharing your screen in the desired conference.
As you can see, the Zoom Video Conferencing app is super easy to set up, and an absolute breeze to use. You will also find it interesting to note, that by default, the Zoom app is actually free to use. The only limitation of the free version is that the meetings are capped at 40 minutes. So, if you want to use Zoom to the maximum, you should consider going in for one of their paid plans.