One of the best features of the Zoom Video Conferencing app is that it allows you to record your video conference and store it on your device for future reference or study. There are many situations where you end up discussing a lot of important points in the conference call but are unable to recollect the complete context after a few days. Saving a recording of the conference is useful in recollecting the exact details fo the conference.
In this tutorial, we will take a look at how you can record your Zoom video conference (Free and Paid Account)
Zoom, being a cloud-based video conferencing app, allows you to perform a recording and save it on the cloud, but this feature is limited to those who have a paid account only. However, Zoom also offers a local recording option, which can be used by both Free and Paid users. In this case, the recording of the conference is saved locally on your device.
Now, lets get started with the tutorial –
- Open the Zoom Video Conferencing app on your device. You will now see your dashboard with all necessary options and scheduled conference list (if any).
- On the top right, click on the Settings button. This will open the Settings window.
- In the Settings window, click on the Recording tab.
- You can now choose the appropriate settings regarding the recording you will be creating. You can also select a custom path where your recording will be saved.
- Now, start a new video conference by clicking on the New Meeting button on the dashboard.
- You will now see the main conference window with controls on the tab on the bottom.
- On this tab, click on the Record button, and Zoom will now start recording the conference.
- You can also Pause or Stop the recording at any time using the appropriate buttons on the controls tab.
- When the conference is over, the recording will automatically save to the destination folder decided by you in the settings.
You can now access this recording at any time, or even share it with your colleagues.