Google boasts a wide array of productivity apps in its portfolio, and one of the most popular ones is Google Meet (Hangouts). Google Meet (Hangouts), is Google’s own instant messenger, which also possesses additional functionality, such as audio and video calling.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how you can get started with Google Meet (Hangouts). Since Google Meet (Hangouts) is available on all major platforms today, we will take them on one by one.
Computer(Desktop or Laptop)
- Open the Web Browser on your computer.
- In the URL bar, enter hangouts.google.com and press Enter.
- You can also open Google Meet (Hangouts) in your Gmail window.
- When Google Meet (Hangouts) opens, on the top right, make sure you have signed in to the right email id.
- Now, click on the New Conversation button.
- In the search bar, enter the name of the person you want to message, or their email id.
- If their contact is saved on the account, you will see their contact pop up. Click on their details to start a conversation.
- You can now start sending messages, emojis, media inside the chat.
Android, iOS or iPad device
- On your Android, iOS or iPad Device, open the Hangouts app.
- If you do not have the Google Meet (Hangouts) app for some reason, you can download it from the Play Store. Use this link to go directly to the download page for Google Meet (Hangouts).
- If you are on an iOS or iPad device, click here to download Google Meet (Hangouts) from the App store.
- Click on the ‘+’ button on the bottom.
- From the pop-up menu, tap on the ‘New Conversation’ option.
- In the new window, start typing the name or the email id of the person you want to have a conversation with.
- If the contact exists, you will see their info in the list.
- Tap on the contact to start the conversation.