The internet has now evolved to a stage where it can be used for good and bad. If you are being subject to cyberstalking or you find a contact to be suspicious, or maybe added by mistake, the best step in the right direction is to block the contact.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how you can block a contact on Google Meet (Hangouts).
Android, iOS or iPad Device
- Open the Google Meet (Hangouts) app on your Android, iOS or iPad device.
- Open the conversation that was ongoing with the contact you want to block
- Click on the three-dot icon on the top right. You will now see a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu click on the People tab.
- You will now see the list of people in the conversation.
- Click on the three-dot icon next to the contact you want to block.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on Block.
- The contact will not be able to send you further messages.
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- In the URL bar, type in hangouts.google.com
- Open the conversation you were having with the person in question.
- On the top, click on the settings button. You will now get a menu.
- From the menu, select the Block and Report option.
- You will get a confirmation screen. If you want to Block and Report the person, check the box next to the ‘Also Report‘ option.
- Click on confirm to block the contact.
- The contact will not be able to communicate further with you on Google Meet (Hangouts).