Honeywll, will demonstrate their latest and cutting edge IIoT technologies at the GITEX 2019 event, to be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre between Oct 6-10.
With the Middle East’s e-commerce market expected to grow in value to $48.6 billion in 2022, up from an estimated $26.9 billion in 2018*, retailers are increasingly leveraging advanced technologies to meet growing consumer expectations around delivery options, shorter delivery timelines and lower costs for shipping goods.
“Over the past decade, the Middle East’s retail and supply chain industries have undergone a significant transformation due to the growing requirement for the more rapid and seamless delivery of goods,” said Miroslav Kafedzhiev, vice president and general manager for Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions, Middle East, Russia, Turkey and Africa.
Key data from Honeywell’s ‘IIoT Market Spotlight – UAE and Saudi Arabia’ research in the transport and logistics sector includes:
- 50% of companies say IIoT solutions are critically important to operations today
- 19% say these technologies will become critical to operations during the next five years
- 47% say they are actively investing in IIoT technologies, and 70% report they plan to increase investments during the next five years.
Over five days of GITEX 2019, Honeywell will address the growing digital demand across retail and supply chain by hosting industry-specific Tech Talks and Executive Briefings at its stand, presented by senior leaders and subject-matter experts. The presentations will cover key topics from the retail, transportation, logistics and warehousing sectors. It will also showcase cutting-edge technology, including:
- Warehouse of the Future : Honeywell’s ‘warehouse of the future’ solutions combine machine-level sensors, smart controllers and devices, to deliver vital information on a facility’s performance in real-time. Through intelligent, data driven and automated processes, the warehouse of the future portfolio enables the digital transformation of a warehouse to increase reliability and maximize productivity.
- Retail Solutions : From the storefront to the backroom, Honeywell’s in-store retail solutions bring together people, assets and merchandise in powerful new ways. With innovative tools and data insights built on the expertise of leading software developers and retail workflow specialists, retailers can connect associates with each other, with shoppers and with enterprise systems that drive shelf replenishment, task management and reverse logistics.
Retailers can also tap into Honeywell’s proven experience in helping teams work more efficiently every day, supported by a full portfolio of fast-deploying Mobility Edge™ technologies – built to simplify operating system updates through Android 11.
- Connected Safety Technology : Honeywell offers smart wearable technology that keeps workers safe on the jobsite, improves productivity and ensures compliance with processes and regulations.
At the event, integrated site-wide safety solutions will be on display, which combine fixed, portable, and smart wearable and threat detection monitors as well as worker status and location information. The deployment of innovative solutions that integrate smart voice technology and wearable technology with predictive analytics can help prevent an incident before it occurs.
Honeywell will also showcase technology that enables key safety and productivity benefits of having real-time connectivity while minimizing the expense, distraction and safety risks associated with a mobile phone.
GITEX Attendees can experience Honeywell’s offerings at Hall 5, Stand B1.