HP Inc. today introduced the HP Elite Dragonfly, which is the lightest compact business convertible laptop. The laptop, which is a sub-one-kilogram ultralight premium PC, is designed to push work and life boundaries for mobile business professionals. Artfully crafted to stand out in a distinct Dragonfly blue, designed to be powerful, and hardened with security, the HP Elite Dragonfly ushers in a new era of mobility.
“The way people work live and play is changing significantly. People are no longer bound to their desks and this means they need equipment that supports this lifestyle. Business professionals need to be mobile, move fast and freely to increase efficiency and productivity. With this in mind, we designed the HP Elite Dragonfly to make a bold, personal statement. A PC should provide freedom, adapt, and transform how and where today’s business professionals work, thus at HP we are constantly trying to reinvent how technology empowers the workforce.” said George Rouppas, Head of Personal Systems Category at HP Inc. Middle East, Saudi Arabia & Turkey.
Interestingly, the HP Dragonfly is the company’s first notebook to include ocean-bound plastics. Its speaker enclosure component is made with 50 per cent post-consumer recycled plastic including 5 percent ocean-bound plastics.
To ensure their ocean-bound plastics efforts continue to scale, HP has committed to including ocean-bound plastic material in all new HP Elite and HP Pro desktop and notebook computers launching in 2020.
Aside from the eco-friendly aspect of the HP DragonFly, the key features of the device are as follows –
- World’s lightest compact business convertible at under one-kilogram, precision-crafted from CNC-machined Magnesium for durability in a commanding, iridescent Dragonfly Blue.
- Say goodbye to clicking sounds with a redesigned ultra-lightweight quiet and backlit keyboard and a new lightweight touchpad for ultra-smooth working experience.
- It offers the world’s highest screen to body ratio in a 13-inch business convertible at almost 86% and instantly transforms from tablet to PC.
- Coaches users to take breaks and provides individual productivity tips.
- HP is helping users find a healthy work and life balance with personalized wellness recommendations.
- Verified to the target specification and key experiences of Intel’s “Project Athena” innovation program.
- Experience best-for-business performance with an 8th Gen Intel Core vPro processor.
- Wi-Fi 6 offers up to three times faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5 for higher performance in high-density environments.
- HP Sure Sense defends against malware attacks on mobile workers using the power of artificial intelligence.
HP Elite Dragonfly is expected to be available from December, starting at AED 5,499, including VAT.