Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced the availability of DC1000M, a new U.2 data center NVMe PCIe SSD.
DC1000M joins the recently released DC1000B NVMe boot drive, the VMware Ready DC500 series SATA SSDs and DC450R to form the most complete range of superior enterprise-class data center storage solutions in the market.
“Mission-critical services and Cloud-based applications depend not only on lightning-fast IOPS and bandwidth, but also on the consistency and predictability of the data being serviced,” said Tony Hollingsbee, SSD business manager, Kingston EMEA.
DC1000M is an affordable and powerful NVMe drive for data centers. Customers looking to make the leap from SATA/SAS SSDs to NVMe will enjoy the similarities in implementation but with much faster data rates and lower latency. It is built to strict QoS requirements to ensure predictable random IO performance as well as predictable latencies over a wide range of server workloads.
The widely accepted U.2 (2.5?) form factor design works seamlessly with the latest generation servers and storage arrays utilizing PCIe and U.2 backplanes. It’s hot-pluggable which makes the challenges of serviceable PCIe storage an issue of the past. Additionally, the drive includes enterprise-class features such as end-to-end data path protection, power-loss protection (PLP) and telemetry monitoring for increased data center reliability. DC1000M is available in 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB, and 7.68TB capacities; and, is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
DC1000M SSD Features & Specifications –
- Incredible I/O consistency with speeds of up to 3GB/s and up to 540K IOPS.
- An exceptional balance of consistent I/O delivery with high read and write IOPS performance to manage a wide range of transactional workloads.
- Quality of Service (QoS) delivers ultra-low transactional latency for large data sets and various web-based applications.
- Enterprise-class protection to reduce the possibility of data loss or corruption on ungraceful power fails.
- Form Factor: U.2, 2.5? x 15mm
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x4
- Capacities: 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB, 7.68TB
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Dimensions: 100.09mm x 69.84mm x 14.75mm
- Weight: 160(g)
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support