When you have to join a Zoom video conference, chances are that you do not want the rest of the participants to see you or your surroundings. Maybe you feel that your video stream is not necessary for the call to progress. Whatever the reason, Zoom allows you to toggle your video on/off before the call, or even within a Zoom Conference.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how you can easily toggle your video on/off in the Zoom video conferencing app.
Case 1 – Before joining the call
If you want your video to be off by default, when joining a zoom video conference, this is what you can do.
- Open the Zoom Video Conferencing app on your device.
- In the dashboard, on the top right-hand side, click on the settings button.
- In the settings window, click on the Video tab.
- In the right-hand side window which opens, you can select various options regarding your video stream.
- Here, make sure you check the box next to the option ‘Turn off my video when joining a meeting‘.
- This will ensure that whenever you join a Zoom Conference, your video will be off by default.
Case 2 – Toggle Video On/Off within a Zoom Conference
if you are in a Zoom Video conference and you want to toggle your video stream on/off, this is what you can do –
- Within the conference, on the bottom of the screen, you will see a bar with the necessary controls related to the conference.
- On this bar, click on the Start/Stop video button to instantaneously toggle your video stream on/off.
It’s that simple !!
This was it for the tutorial. If you are reading about Zoom for the first time and want to try it out, you can sign up and download the free version of Zoom by heading to this link.