Nokia Lumia Black Software Update Rolls out in UAE.
Nokia Middle East has announced the roll-out of the new Lumia Black software update for Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 owners in the region. The Lumia Black update combines a host of new features, improvements in imaging, new apps and app updates from Microsoft and Nokia to make the Lumia smartphone experience even better.
“The roll-out of the Nokia Lumia Black software update is music to the ears of Nokia Lumia smartphone owners in the region. This update will enable users to enjoy enhanced imaging experiences in addition to a fresh user experience making the Windows Phone even more fluid,” said Vithesh Reddy, General Manager, Nokia Lower Gulf.
User Experience with ‘Lumia Black’
• App Folder: This brand new feature makes the Lumia experience even more fluid by giving users an option to further personalize and organize their ‘Start’ screen. With App folders, users can group similar apps and settings into one folder, a tile, on their ‘Start’ screen.
• Nokia Glance screen 2.0: Helps users to keep track of information in real time, making all their most important notifications including: phone, messages, email, outlook, calendar, or any apps that use notifications such as Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, or games; always visible at a glance on their screen. It will save them time and energy.
• Bluetooth LE: This will now be enabled across the full Windows Phone 8 Lumia range for compatible gadgets like the Adidas MiCoach smart run watch accessories.
• Nokia Refocus: The amazing Nokia Refocus comes to all Windows Phone 8 Lumia smartphones with 1GB of RAM and upwards.
• Nokia Beamer: Sharing content from a Lumia phone is easier than ever with Nokia Beamer. No longer restricted to just photos, users can now beam documents, presentations, anything they like, to any HTML5-enabled screen by simply scanning a QR code on the screen. It’s coming to all of the phones with 1GB RAM upwards.
• Nokia Storyteller: This app debuted on the new Nokia Lumia 1520 and Lumia 2520 late last year. Now the experience comes to other Lumia smartphones. The app arranges photos by date and by place, making it easier to tell the stories behind their pictures, and give extra context through the close integration of interactive maps.
• Nokia Camera: This combines Nokia Pro Camera and Smart Camera to simplify the photo-taking experience, and ensure users get the perfect shot every time. The app has been available for Lumia PureView smartphones since last year, but it’s now coming to the rest of the Windows Phone 8 Lumia range.
• DNG support: The latest Nokia Camera update also brings raw DNG support for Lumia 1020 owners – something that’s already available for Lumia 1520. The DNG format gives users access to pure and untouched visual information, allowing them to do more and be more creative with their images.
• Latest generation of imaging algorithms: The Lumia Black update further improves the image quality, especially in Lumia 1020. Among others, the improvements include a new oversampling algorithm, making images more natural looking with reduced noise, while ensuring photos remain wonderfully sharp.
The Lumia Black update also brings a series of enhancements from Microsoft to Nokia Lumia smartphones. These include safe driving mode – which cuts out unnecessary distractions when users are on the road; customised ringtones for each contact. Users can now also close apps within the in multitasking view and lock the screen rotation if they wish.
The ‘Lumia Black’ update has begun rolling out now for Lumia 1020 and Lumia 925 smartphones, with other models in the range following shortly after in the coming weeks. For more information, visit: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/.