If you find that your Recycle Bin icon is missing from your desktop due to an update or for some reason, you are just not able to locate the Recycle Bin on your computer, do not worry.
In this article, we will take a look at various methods through which you can access your Recycle Bin your Windows 10 PC/Laptop. Let’s get started –
Method 1: Open Recycle Bin from File Explorer’s Address Bar
Open File Explorer then type “recycle bin” in the address bar. Press Enter to open Recycle Bin directly.
Alternatively, you can even click on the drop-down in the address bar and select the ‘Recycle Bin’ from there.
Method 2: Open Recycle Bin from Run Command
Use the Windows Key + R short-key to open the Run prompt, type the following command, and press Enter.
explorer.exe shell: RecycleBinFolder
This will launch Recycle Bin immediately.
Method 3: Open Recycle Bin from Desktop Location
Use the Windows Key + R short-key to open the Run prompt, type shell: desktop, and press Enter.
You can then access the Recycle Bin in a File Explorer window.
Method 4: Open Recycle Bin from Cortana Search
Click Start, type “recycle” and you can then open the “Recycle Bin” desktop app from the search result.
Method 5: Add Recycle Bin to Windows 10 Desktop
1. Use the Windows key + I short-key to open the Settings app.
2. Navigate to Personalization -> Themes.
3. On the right pane, scroll down to the Related Settings section, and click the “Desktop icon settings” link.
4. Select the checkbox for the Recycle Bin icon you want to appear on your desktop, and then click OK.
Method 6: Pin Recycle Bin to Start Menu
1. If you want to pin Recycle Bin to the Start Menu, just right-click the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop and then choose “Pin to Start“.
2. You should see the Recycle Bin icon show up in the Start Menu as a tile.