Whatsapp Messenger is the most widely used messaging app in the market today. Ever since its launch, WhatsApp has become the default app on all smartphones, so much so that it was acquired by Facebook and has thus joined Instagram and the Facebook app in the ecosystem.
With Encryption now coming in as a default feature in the app, chats are now no accessible to anyone other than the two people who are in the conversation (at least that’s what we think).
If you scour the internet, you will find many tips and tricks that you can use to enhance WhatsApp messenger functionalities. These tricks are not necessarily hacked or illegal, but rather loopholes that users have found within the app. One of the most popular tricks that have been found, is the ability to message any number in the world on WhatsApp, without having their contact saved on your device. The process, however, is a bit of a hassle, and we have explained it later on in the article.
But now, a developer on the Play store has condensed this whole process into a small app, and that app is Click to Chat.
Click to chat is a free app available on the Play store, which is not just small in size, but also a monster in functionality. The app has been cleverly designed to execute the web procedure mentioned above, on your smartphone. This means that using the ‘Click to Chat‘ app, you can now message any number in the world, on WhatsApp, straight from your Android smartphone.
The app has undergone many iterations over time, getting better with each pass, but the core principles remain the same –
- To make the app as small as possible. The developer has gone for a barebones approach to this app, coding in only what is necessary without unnecessary bloatware. This means that the Click to Chat app has no unrelated content, no extra libraries, and a stunningly small size of 100 KB!!
- Use as few permissions as possible. Only the create_shortcut permission is used, nothing else! (no calls, no storage, no internet).
- No Ads. Yes, you heard correctly. The developer has nor resorted to ads or trackers for generating earnings out of this app. There is a portal where you can contribute voluntarily and support his venture, but other than that, the app itself has no ads, so you can expect fluid performance.
How Does it work ?
- Head to the Play Store and download the ‘Click to Chat‘ app, and install it on your Android smartphone.
- Open the app to reveal a working window.
- In this window, enter the number of your choice along with the correct country code.
- Click on the Open button and the ‘Click to Chat’ app opens the chat with the given number on your WhatsApp.
- If you click on the drop-down arrow button next to the Open button, you can even enter a custom message that you might want to send to that number.
- This message will then appear in the chat bar, which you can then personally send. The app on its own, will not send the message to the number.
In our experience, this is one of the lightest, and easy to use extensions for WhatsApp on the Play Store and you can easily experience this app for your self without worrying about the annoyance of ads and unnecessary trackers or bloatware.
You can download the ‘Click to Chat’ app from this link.
As mentioned earlier, before the click to chat app came into the being, the only way for a user to message a number from anywhere in the world, was as follows –
- You have to open the browser on a computer/smartphone and head to the URL bar.
- In the URL bar, you have to enter https://wa.me/<number> where the <number> is a full phone number in international format.
- This will open a new chat in WhatsApp with the number you have entered.
While both methods mentioned above are easy, we recommend using the ‘Click to Chat’ app on your Android Smartphones.