When you are on your computer and browsing the internet, chances are that you may want to multi-task. In such cases, you will require to resize the browser window in order to fit everything that you are doing on the screen without having to switch windows all the time. Resizing the browser window is also a practice incorporated by web developers to test their layouts on different resolutions.
By default, the only resizing you can do in Chrome is to maximize it, or by hovering around the corners of the browser and freestyle sizing the window. But, if you want to resize the browser window to a specific dimension, then we have to make use of add-ins or extensions available in the chrome web store.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how you can resize the Chrome browser window to the desired resolution using a super and free extension.
What you need –
- Laptop or Desktop PC.
- Google Chrome browser, which you can download from this link if you don’t have it on your device at the moment.
- A window resizer extension. We recommend an extension called “Window Resizer”, which you can get from the Chrome Web Store, or alternatively, you can use this link.
With all three available, lets get started –
- Download and install the Google Chrome Browser on your Laptop or Desktop PC.
- If you have installed the extension already, a small button will appear on the top right-hand side of the Chrome browser.
- Click on the “Window Resizer” extension button and you will see a small window pop up with basic instructions on how to use this extension. Once you have read the instructions, click on ok.
- The window will now show you the most popular display resolutions, and the chrome browser window will instantly resize itself to the resolution you choose, the moment you click on it in the window.
- On the bottom of the pop-up window, you also have the option to enter your own resolution, and with the click of a button, the Chrome browser window will resize itself to it.
There are many extensions out there in the chrome web store, which allow you to resize the browser window, but this one by far is the best and the easiest to operate.