In this article, we will take a look at what exactly the YourPhone.exe process is all about and what you can do to suppress it if you do not require the same.
If you quickly head over to your Settings, there is a very distinct Phone App icon. Running this will then allow you to connect your mobile device to your PC or Laptop and start receiving your notifications. Now, if you are one of the people who have set this up, you will see a YourPhone.exe process in the task manager, and before you panic, please keep in mind that this is definitely not a virus.
Since the PC/Laptop needs to relay your notifications in real-time, the YourPhone.exe has to keep running in the background, and once in a while, you may see it pop up in your task manager, so once again, do not worry about it being a virus. However, if you are worried about this process, there is a simple way to close it.
Now, there two approaches to it –
- Disabling the YourPhone.exe process from running in the background.
- Deleting the Your Phone app from your PC/Laptop
Let’s take a look at both these approaches and you can choose the one you feel is necessary.
Disabling the YourPhone.exe Process
1. The First Step is to open the Windows 10 Settings. To do this, press the Windows Key + I combination to quickly open the Window 10 Settings. here, select the Privacy tab.
2. Next, in the left pane, scroll down and select the Background apps tab.
3. You will. now see a list of all the apps running in the background in your Windows 10 PC/Laptop. Scroll down to the Your Phone app and toggle it to OFF.
Remove the Your Phone App from Windows 10
1. For the first step, what we are going to do is open the Windows Powershell. To do this, drag the mouse pointer to the Windows Start Button, Right Click on it and then click on the Windows Powershell (Admin) option.
2. In the Powershell window, type the command given below as it is. Press Enter.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
3. The command will altogether remove Your Phone App from Windows. Let the command run and after a few moments, YourPhone app will be completely removed from your Windows 10 PC/Laptop.
Remember, YourPhone.exe is an in-built functionality provided in the Windows 10 package and is definitely not a virus. For any further reassurance, you can scan your PC for malware or virus using a good Antivirus program.