Minecraft Windows 10 edition is a build up on the pocket version of the game. The game’s beta access was released on the same day as Windows 10 did (July 29, 2015), and luckily for the fans, the game is available for free for anyone who has bought the Minecraft PC edition!
In this article, we will take a look at how you can get the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for Free.
Note – You need to have a Microsoft Account to claim the free copy, so make sure you create one before performing the steps below.
Let’s get started –
- Open your browser of choice, then type in “mojang.com” on the URL bar. This will direct you to the main web page of the game dev studio, where they announce their games and updates.
- Look at the top of the page, just below the Mojang logo. You will see some subpage links under it; go click on “Account.” This will redirect you to the login screen, where you can also make a new account if you’re new to things.
- Go look at the top-right portion of your screen again, and click the “Log In” button you see, then type in your email account and password.
- You’ll immediately be redirected to your games directory. If you bought the original Minecraft PC edition, you’ll see a nice little link that says “Minecraft Windows 10 Edition” with some instructions underneath and a “Claim Your Free Copy” button.
- This will redirect you to the Microsoft Account login web page. Log into your Microsoft account or Live/Outlook mail account, and you’ll be redirected to another page where you can get your free download of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition!
- Head on over to the Microsoft App Store (represented by a silhouette of a paper bag with the Windows icon), which you can find by scrolling down at the lefthand side of your Start Menu or on the shortcuts bar of your desktop.
- Log into the same Microsoft account you used to claim your game then search for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition in the top-right portion of the screen.
- When you see it in the search bar drop-down menu, click on it and you’ll be redirected to the game’s main page. Click the option with the price tag, since it’s the option that downloads the full game, then simply type your password to download the game for free!
- If you don’t have the original Minecraft PC edition and don’t want to spend money on the full open beta version, just click the “Free Trial” button. The free trial lasts about 90 minutes but contains pretty much the full game.
- Once it’s done downloading, click “Open” and the game will startup! You’ll need to log in to an Xbox Live account, which is the same as your Microsoft account.
This is how you can successfully get the Minecraft Windows 10 version for Free.