Linksys announced the upcoming availability of the new Linksys WRT gaming edition router – the WRT32X.
The secret ingredient and key innovation is the integration of the Killer Prioritization Engine. The KPE optimizes traffic for low latency and less lag and ensures that the Killer-enabled PC’s gaming, audio, and video is fast and smooth, while simultaneously managing other online traffic in the home to ensure other devices and activities are not compromised. Since network priorities are fully customizable on Killer-Enabled PCs, the KPE on the WRT32X is able to honor those priorities. So if the user configures the Killer Control Center to make streaming videos their top priority, the WRT32X will treat those packets like gold and ensure nothing in the home slows down those streaming video networking packets.
Gamers will also welcome the new custom-built firmware and GUI specifically for this WRT32X. The firmware won’t be found on any other router. The GUI is used to promote important network settings for gaming, provide network usage statics, and it’s wrapped in a design that appeals to gamers while matching the edgy design of the WRT hardware. The new GUI also has a unified responsive design across the desktop, table and mobile device.
Users on a Killer-enabled PC will also now see a “router” tab on Killer’s Control Center App on the PC when the WRT32X is attached. This provides easier access to router KPE controls for settings while gaming without launching the router GUI.
Delivering an unparalleled online gaming experience, it is characterized by low latency and super-fast speeds.The new firmware and graphical user interface (GUI) was also custom-built from the ground up with a focus on monitoring and controlling gaming network traffic.
Linksys WRT32X Enterprise Grade Hardware
The WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router, a CES 2017 Innovations Award Honoree, starts with enterprise grade hardware: 1.8 GHz Dual-Core ARM CPU, 802.11ac Wave 2 Dual-band 3×3 wireless radio, 256MB Flash and 512MB of DDR3 Memory, and 5-port SOHO-grade Gigabit Ethernet switch with TCAM. For the software, the core firmware level uses the latest stable Linux kernel version for a streamlined and lightweight code base with low latency as the top focus. The secret ingredient and key innovation is the integration of the Killer Prioritization Engine.
WRT32X Key Benefits:
- Wi-Fi router built purely for gaming identifies, prioritizes gaming network above all else to give users an edge
- Synchronization with Killer-enabled PCs gives gaming traffic a priority on wired and Wi-Fi connections
- Prioritization engine powered by Killer Networking delivers up to 77% reduction* in peak ping for faster response time
- Blazing fast 1.8GHz Dual-Core processor for simultaneous high-speed data processing
- Custom-built gaming user interface and firmware specially tuned for online gaming traffic
- Exclusive optimization for Killer Networking gaming clients found in computers from Alienware, Gigabyte, MSI, Razer and more
Product Technical Specifications:
- Wi-Fi Technology: AC3200 MU-MIMO
- Network Standards: 802.11a/g, 802.11n, 802.11ac
- Wi-Fi Speed: AC3200 (N600 + AC2600) ‡
- Wi-Fi Bands: 2.4 and 5 GHz (simultaneous dual-band)
- DFS certified for operation in the clear DFS channel airspace
- 5-port Pro-grade Gigabit Ethernet ports: 1x Gigabit WAN port, 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Other: One(1) USB 3.0 port, One(1) Combo eSATA/USB 2.0 port, Power
- Antennas: 4x external, dual-band, detachable antennas
- Processor: 1.8 GHz dual-core
- Memory: 512MB DDR3 RAM / 256MB Flash
- Wireless Encryption: WPA2 Personal
- VPN Support: PPTP IPSec pass?through
- Storage File System Support: FAT, NTFS, and HFS+
- Browser-based Setup and custom graphical user interface
- Open Source ready for OpenWrt
Pricing and Availability
The new Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router will being rolling out to leading retailers in the UAE such as Sharaf DG, Carrefour, Emax, Lulu, Plug Ins, Jumbo, ECity, and EROS, throughout October for an estimated MSRP of AED 1329.